Thursday, March 24, 2016

Doomed to Repeat by Bill Fawcett

This book's full title is Doomed to Repeat: The Lessons of History We've Failed to Learn. It deals quite a bit with terrorism, but this is certainly a current issue especially for us in the West. The author suggests that the historical lesson from the assassins is that the use of terror for political and religious purposes is a major factor throughout Islamic history.

There are some good and some negative reviews here on Good Reads. I must admit that I very much enjoyed this book. Maybe it is a bit American centric. This review on Kukus is certainly negative. However, I have never read a history book that did not get some fact wrong. A brief, but interesting review is at True Review Online by Andrew Andrews.

Bill Fawcett writes in the Huffington Post about 9 history lessons we have failed to learn. This is an easy way to get to the essence of this book. There is an interesting YouTube video juxtaposition this book with other books. Video is short at just over 2 minutes.

Also, an index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment