Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Ottoman Centuries by Lord Kinross

This book's full title is The Ottoman Centuries: The Rise and Fall of the Turkish Empire. I read this book to become for familiar with Turkey. You can only understand what is happening currently in a country if you know the backstory of that country. The author is John Patrick Douglas Balfour. I do not know how balance the view from this book is because it is in English by an English author. But I know more about Turkey than I knew before.

Most of the reviews on Good Reads are positive about this book. It is well written and easy to read. There is also a very good review at Captivating Cappadocia. There is also an interesting review at Another Politically Incorrect Blog.

In this YouTube you can hear a short history of the Ottoman War Fought in Keresztes.

Also, an index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment