Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The 100 Year Old Man by Jonas Jonasson

This book's full title is The 100 year old Man who climbed out the Window and Disappeared. It is never too late to start over. I seldom read fiction, especially if the fiction is not sci-fi. However, this book was a lot of fun. There has been a number of very interesting authors coming out of the Nordic countries lately and this is certainly by one of them.

There are reviews of this book on Good Reads. A lot of people did not seem to appreciate this book however; I thought it was great fun. Some of the readers felt this way also and give it a 5 star rating. Maybe this book calls for a certain sense of humor? The best thing about the review by Lowenna Waters in the Telegraph Telegraph is that the trailer for the film is included. There is a much better review by Aggie H. in the Guardian .

At this site of Lit Lovers there are a book summary, author bio and some discussion questions. You will find the official movie trailer here. David Domine left an interesting review at Literary Labors. At Harper Collins you can read a fair bit of this book. I looked at some reviews on YouTube, but found them boring.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment