Monday, May 16, 2016

The Art of Risk by Kayt Sukel

This book's full title is The Art of Risk: The New Science of Courage, Caution and Chance. Kayt Sukel has her own web site for this book here. There is a blog on her site.

I am interested in risk because I make my living investing in the stock market. I did not really learn anything new from this book, so that was a bit of a disappointment. I have always understood myself very well. I also get prepared by investigating stocks I invest in. Why I continued reading this book was because it was an easy read with some interesting stories

People at Good Reads mostly liked it. But they did not seem to get much more out of the book than I did. There is a review at Kirkus. Reviewer ends up saying about the book and risk that it was "Not an in-depth trip but an enjoyable tour".

Kayt Sukel talks at TedMed about risk. This is a bit off topic, but in this video Kayt Sukel talks about another of her books about Sex at Chicago Ideas Week. This is Your Brain on Sex is the name of the book. This is a video of Kayt Sukel being interviewed on radio. There is also a nice review by Meredith Knight on Scientific American.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment