Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Evangelicals by Frances Fitzgerald

This book's full title is The Evangelicals, The Struggle to Shape America. I had not realized that church attendance rose after WWII into the 1950's and 1960's. I went to church with my parents, but I did not know there was a movement towards more church attendance. This rising in attendance was among Protestants, Catholics and Jews.

It is interesting to read reviews by Evangelicals and non-Evangelicals. There is quite a difference in attitude. I find the reviews generally interesting, but they are not especially good. Some people are too set in their views.

Alan Wolfe on New York Times does an interesting review of this book. There are also interesting reviews on Good Reads. Barry Hankins on The Gospel Coalition also has an interesting review.

Discussion by Frances FitzGerald and David Gushee on C-Span. Frances FitzGerald is interviewed by Charlie Rose.

An index of the books I have reviewed are on my website at Books. I have three blogs. The first talks only about specific stocks and is called Investment Talk . The second one contains information on mostly investing and is called Investing Economics Mostly. My last blog is for my book reviews and it is called Non-Fiction Mostly. Follow me on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment